Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Handling Registry Files

There are a lot of registry cleaner freeware available on the net. I came across a program called Registryseeker, which detected 250 errors in my registry files and I decided to 'fis' them and some of the registry files got deleted. After that every other program started saying that this DLL file is missing and that DLL file is missing.
At the end, I decided to format the drive and re-install all the softwares. It took 6 hours to do so. Enough of time wasting.
So, in the future I'll have to be careful about deleting registry files.
Moreover, I decided to keep Norton Antivirus 2005 in my system's guard (though it takes up much of my system's resources and makes it almost miserably slow) as I've more faith on it than AVG Antivirus, which runs fast but seems to neglect adwares and worms. After all slow but steady wins the race !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home